June 5, 2023
You will be responsible for the successful placement of life insurance policies for our ultra-high net worth clients in a timely and tax efficient manner, providing ongoing and exceptional customer service. To be successful in this role, you need to be a proactive, organized, and effective team member, while remaining highly efficient, with a high sense of urgency and drive to achieve results.
What you will do:
- Manage the implementation of complex insurance strategies and applying for insurance. This process includes:
- Collaborating with team members to determine the insurance strategy and objectives of the chosen structure.
- Calculating client’s total insurable need by conducting a detailed assessment of personal and corporate information and efficiently organizing the information into a summary memorandum to support the insurance application.
- Assisting in corporate entity and structure organization in relation to the insurance planning process.
- Manage full cycle banking relationships. This process includes:
- Preparing initial bank loan applications.
- Analyzing and negotiating lending terms with various lenders.
- Comparing and recommending financing offers best suited for the client’s individual circumstances.
- Managing annual credit reviews and loan limit increases.
- Collaborate with client’s accountants and advisors to ensure accurate reporting of policy investment growth, insurance, and lending transactions.
- Perform detailed client cash flows calculations and interpret and communicate the impacts of insurance policy growth and interest rate fluctuations on client cash flows.
It also helps if you are:
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional customer service skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, and a good team player.
- A critical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to understand the bigger picture and how actions affect the overall business.
Your education and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- In-Depth Tax course is an asset.
- Experience as a Senior Accountant in a public accounting firm or financial industry.
- Life Licensing Qualification Program (LLQP) completion is an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven record of establishing effective rapport with clients and all levels of employees.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Windows and its applications including Excel, Word, MS Outlook, and SharePoint.
What you will get from us:
- A truly collaborative work environment where your ideas will be heard by your colleagues and corporate leadership.
- A professional team that is high-energy, high-achieving, and where your success is celebrated, and you are supported through challenges.
- An industry-leading total compensation package that supports your financial, physical, and mental health.
The Targeted Strategies Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities.