Corporate Enterprise Accountant
September 8, 2023
Any Office Location
We are looking for a seasoned financial professional, ready to shape the accounting function for our equity Principals. Your expertise will be pivotal in delivering precise and timely reporting, ensuring financial affairs are managed seamlessly so Principals can focus on our firm’s growth.
As Corporate Enterprise Accountant, you will lead and develop the accounting and financial functions for current and former equity participants as well as all non-core operational companies in the corporate structure, ensuring robust accounting, tax planning, compliance, and reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide Family Office Support (accounting, tax, regular financial reporting, coordination of investment reporting) for the two majority Shareholders.
- Accounting, tax planning, compliance (updated minute books etc.), and financial reporting for all corporations/trusts outside of the core operating business.
- Ensure accurate dividends are declared and distributed in the correct manner (e.g., dividends or redemptions) and that annual reporting for legacy preferred shareholders with respect to share balances, dividends, and redemptions is complete.
- Optimize dividend declaration – calculate GRIP / safe income and determine the ideal flow of funds to optimize tax.
- Coordinate activities between the operating and non-operating companies by engaging with the existing financial team handling the operating entities.
- Lead the valuation process (coordinating with external accounts and operation financial team).
- Assist in the simplification of the corporate structure over time.
- Manage insurance structures and liaise with insurance client operations team to ensure that premiums are paid and financing obtained.
- Provide accounting and tax optimization for shareholder’s HoldCo structures.
- Participate in other projects as requested.
- CPA, CA qualification.
- 5+ years in public accounting with a focus on private business – Senior Manager level preferred.
- Expertise in tax planning, estate planning, and tax compliance.
- Proficiency in managing complex corporate structures.
- Results Orientation: Achieve outcomes with clarity on expectations.
- Accountability: Take personal responsibility and assess performance proactively.
- Planning/Organization: Develop, follow, and report on plans efficiently.
- Initiative / Sense of Urgency: Demonstrate proactive efficiency in project completion.
- Communication: Clearly articulate expectations, status, and priorities.
Note: This position offers flexibility, with the option of less than 40 hours per week or full-time employment based on preference.
The Targeted Strategies Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities.